The Nightmare Begins

I was sitting in the library look out our bay window waiting for the transfusion to finish. I  I was waiting for Alucard to come over and try again to get permission to court me. I knew my dad would say no. He wanted me to find love on my own. Alucard came up the walk away but there was something different in the way he was walking. He was walking as if he was watching the bushes. It was as if someone was watching him or waiting for his signal. Alucard knocked on the door three times. My dad came up to me his eyes worried. “Dad what’s wrong?” I asked looking into his eyes.

He pulled the IV out of my arm and taped it up quickly. He handed me a three envelopes; one was your standard size envelope, the second a cash envelope, and the third a letter size envelope. Each one was thick and looked as if it was ready to burst open. “Take these and run,” Dad said handing me the envelopes.

“What’s going on?” I asked him taking the envelopes. He didn’t answer me he went to my closest and pulled out a duffle bag and back pack from the very top. He was putting clothes into the duffle bag. “DAD!” I shouted trying to get his attention back on me.

He finished packing and put the duffle bag over my shoulder with the backpack. He had never put anything in the backpack. “Go into town, to the bar Eclipse and ask for Arra or Seth,” he replied. I looked at him questioningly. “Alucard worked for Valkyra Inc. He knows what they did. The Company thinks if you and Alucard mate then you will have the first Hybrid child with more than two abilities.”

My eyes went wide. I was already born that way but no one knew. “What about the Oteri’s and Starlight’s? Do they know what Valkyra Inc is planning?” I asked shocked. I didn’t know the full extent until dad had just informed me. What I did know was that they were doing experiments on shifters, vampires and other different types of fey. There was still more than that though and I wanted to know.

There was a loud bang on the door. “No. Only trust the Oteri’s. I knew Grant from when we were kids. When he took over we made a promise not to let you and his kids hang around each other so you wouldn’t get hurt. He helped me with you,” dad answered quickly.

I heard a scream from downstairs. “Mom,” I said shaking. I knew they were not going to let her live. We heard the footsteps coming up the stairs.

My dad knocked on the wall and the wall moved opening a passage way. “Hide in here until you see them leave this room. Then leave through the window. Do not fly. Do not get scared and let your defense kick in.”

I nodded understanding that I needed to listen to him. I climbed into the space behind the wall and closed the door. My dad stood looking at my bedroom door. I could hear the footsteps getting louder. The door slammed open. I heard my dad let out a low growl. That’s when I saw him. Alucard was standing there his brown eyes cold and dark. “Where is she?” Alucard asked my father.

“She is out shopping,” My dad said. His voice was unwavering.

Alucard growled at him and waved his hand forward. One of the men standing behind came up front. I recognized him his name was Kris; his hair was a buzz cut and bleach blonde his hazel eyes were hard and angry. I heard a whimper and darted my eyes down. Kris was holding my mother tightly with a knife place at her throat. I took in my mother’s appearance. She was bleeding from various cuts all over her body. Her face was bloody and bruised as well. My dad made a move to go to my mom but two men ran up from behind Alucard and grabbed him by the arms pulling him back.

“Let’s try this again,” Alucard said. My dad snarled at him and at Kris. “Where. Is. Celena?” Alucard asked again drawing out each word.

“She is out shopping,” dad said again. His eyes were trained on my mother.

“Then we will do this the hard way,” Alucard replied coldly. Kris moved the knife from my mom’s neck and stabbed it into her side. She screamed out and my dad fought against the two men holding him.

“Let her go,” My dad yelled at Alucard . There was pain in his voice and I could see the start of tears in his eyes.

“I will ask one more time,” Alucard said shortly. “Where. Is. My. Celena?”

“Like I told you she is out shopping,” my dad replied. The tears were starting to fall.

Alucard shook his head. “Wrong answer.” He nodded his head and Kris began stabbing my mother all over with the knife. I felt my eyes begin to burn with tears and let out a small whimper.

“NO!” my dad screamed. Ander came up to him and drew out a long dagger and stabbed him in the heart. My dad’s eyes went wide and he fell to his knees. I watched the blood slowly drip from the wound.
Kris tossed my mom down next to my dad and smiled slightly. Alucard knelt down in front of my dad and whispered just loud enough for me to hear, “I will find your daughter. When I do find her I will make sure she is punished for being rescued and made mine bearing my child.”

My dad growled and one of Alucard's men's arm went up in flames. Alucard growled and kicked him in the stomach. He stood and walked out Kris and the other two men following him. I heard the front door slam shut. I pushed the door open and ran over to my parents tears falling. I hugged my mom tightly I realized she was already gone. “Ce-Celena,” my dad stuttered. I sat up and hugged him tightly as I cried. “You-you need t-to go.”
I shook my head. “I’m not leaving you.”

My dad wiped a tear away weakly. “I love you,” he whispered. I sobbed clutching onto my dad’s shirt. I felt his arm go around me and hold me for the last time. “I love you my nightshade,” he spoke just before his arm went limp.


I didn’t know how long I laid there sobbing but I didn’t move until I could smell smoke. I got up and looked out the window our home was up in flame with a layer of ice blocking the flame in. Damn Alucard and his crew. I would make them pay one. I grabbed a cloak at of my closet and tied it around my neck. Then I grabbed my bags putting the envelopes into the back up then quickly then jumped out the window and ran. The fire burned but I kept running. I heard someone yell that they had seen me. I ran faster in to the woods I hear the footsteps then felt a sharp pain in my side. “IGNIS,” I shouted forcing the fire at whoever was following me. I heard the scream but kept running. There was no one else chasing me and that relaxed me but my side was bleeding. Unwilling to stop I kept running. I tripped several times in the forest due to the pain and in turn causing some cuts and bruises all up my arms. I ran until I got into the city. I walked through the streets looking for the bar that my dad told me to go to. I finally found out. Eclipse was lit up in red neon lights there was a crowd all trying to get in. I walked up to the door snuck in with a crowd of girls that had all just been carded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: The New Family

Prologue

What's next!